Skip to main content
All right, I've got to comment on Rick Santorum and sodomy laws. First, in Rick's defense. It is a fallacious argument (or problematic) to say, "The government has no place in the bedroom." If that indeed was the assertion, then what Rick said is quite true. How could we regulate more obvious (generally agreed upon) inappropriate behavior? We do that on behalf of minors all the time. But the best argument is that government should not regulate sex between consenting adults. It's a breathless waste of time for anyone to pass laws against homosexual sex, or enforce them. I wish America was a Godly nation. I wish we ALL believed in our Lord Jesus Christ. I wish sin wasn't here. But we cannot as Christians conscript others into our morals. We try this all the time. Christians are so eager to have others at least act like them that Christian political organizations don't even quibble about doctrine. That's garbage. That's a false religiosity. ONLY the grace of God revealed in Jesus Christ and the conviction of the Holy Spirit changes the heart of a man. Our nation was a 'Christian' nation only because we had the influence to make unbelievers act like we do. My opinion: Homosexual acts are wrong. That's quite clear from God's Word in Scripture. But as much as I'd like to make our law reflect God's law, I cannot compel it. We have much to fear from compelled morality imposed by the state. We cannot make the same mistake, no matter how great our cause, or how great our King.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...