Skip to main content
Instapundit has a link to Gateway Pundit, noting the fact that President Obama's nominee to head the Transportation Safety Administration, Erroll Southers, has withdrawn for allegedly making controversial statements comparing pro-life advocates to race terrorists. So I watched the video. My conclusion is: The game of "gotcha!" must stop. Put it this way: I consider myself pretty right-wing. I'm about to receive an NRA membership for my 30th birthday, and I couldn't be happier. I almost wrote in my friend Peter G. Klein for president in 2008. In fact, if you are looking for that perfect fusion between Reagan and Ron Paul, I am that guy. [You shored up your right-wing bona fides by voting for Obama.--ed.] Exactly. The point is, if you take the novel step, of you know, listening to the guy, he didn't say pro-lifers were terrorists; he merely noted (somewhat pointlessly) that a sub-group of white supremacists will identify as pro-life, probably as an excuse for more violence. Futhermore, the "Christian Identity" movement is a group within known white supremacist groups. Read a book; read half a book. Don't believe me? Watch it yourself. This poor guy was trying to convey useful information, and got drummed right out of politics. Southers didn't offend me.

Comments