Skip to main content
I want to curse. No, really. There might be a holy time for a F-bomb, and this might be one of those times. As in, "Steve, what the [expletive] are you doing?" Let me honest here: I don't like other religions. 'Hate' applies to some of them. Why? Because they're missing Jesus. [You're a compromiser too; "invincible ignorance," anyone?--ed.] Look, whatever that means or doesn't mean, one thing is clear, which no Catholic worth his salt would dare deny: Truth from God only flows in one direction--TOWARD Jesus Christ. You're either floating down the river that leads to living water, or you've reached the Spring. (Or, of course, you could be moronically running the other way.) But woe to the one who loves men more than Christ! Read Hebrews. Then, read it again. How about a third time? Good. Feel better? Rinse and repeat as necessary. Someone should pay for this. I blame Luther. [Luther Vandross?--ed.] Hardly. Besides, listening to that kat is about as close to going to church as you can get without actually going. Straight up. But I digress. I believe in the full explication of the Scriptures whenever possible (Protestant bretheren, ready? 1, 2, 3..."The whole counsel of God!!!" and...scene! Great job, everyone!) but I don't blame evangelists for piling up a list of verses about the exclusivity of Christ, and just repeating those a million times. You could do worse, way worse. Like this guy. Someone punch me in the face.

Comments

You've put together the connection of who this Steve is with other things I have told you, right? Actually I think I mentioned this episode to you. Anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...