Catholic Eucharist, v. 2.0: We're plus-8 days as of this writing from my full communion with the successor of Peter. No, I don't think it'll wear off. [Noone stays on a high forever, freak.--ed.] True. But this is pretty sweet. I was in a minor foul mood because I couldn't seem to go to the little soldier's room before I left my house. We showed up early, because my friend was a lector (reader) today. So he said, "Do you want to go to Eucharistic Adoration before Mass?" Um, huge yes. Pointless Digression: Eucharistic Adoration is the heart of all the beliefs of the Catholic Church which are 1) undeniably weird, and 2) immeasurably awesome. The day you get used to experiencing Christ in this way, you'll be ready to be commissioner of the No Fun League. I must concede that I may be nuts, or Catholics have put those brain-leeches from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan into my brain. Either way, I'm OK with that.
Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...
Comments