Skip to main content
I tend to say exactly what I think. I admit it's not always wise. I try hard not to speak in anger, because when you speak from anger, you're more motivated to hurt than to tell the truth in love. I digress. I took a big risk today, although it was less than direct. I hope I've built up enough trust here; I'm just not good at denial. It wasn't a rebuke, or anything.
Returning to the digression, sometimes the truth hurts a person anyway, and there's not a whole lot you can do. Maybe it could have been a simple matter of saying, 'I'm just not comfortable here' way sooner. Because you'd rather be the one to say you've hit the limit of your abilities as a friend than them. One is liable to be pretty hurt and take it all very personally if that happens. Not that I would know.
It was an interesting weekend. I stayed with my 'brother' Evan and his wife Stacey. Stacey's sister threw a party for Cinco de Mayo, and it was awesome. We should have known that a horse named, "Thanks, I'll Have Another"--ridden by a Mexican--would win the Kentucky Derby on Cinco de Mayo, no? As a man who always has the radar operating, (let the reader understand) I can tell you that aside from our host, there were 2 ladies I would not have minded spending a great deal of time with. The first, we'll call her 'Laurie,' definitely didn't get left out of the sale at the Beauty Store. Ahem. But she has a boyfriend in another state, and she hates U2. That's like 8 strikes. She didn't strike me as my type, whatever that means.
Well, the other, she doesn't get a name. We're already friends, whatever that means. I talked to her all night. Of course I did. She chatted people up, I'd like to think, so it didn't look like she was only talking to me. Well, she's also kind. [She could be reading this, idiot.--ed.] I don't care. Tim said essentially, "What are you waiting for, moron?" I don't know. I'm scared, duh.
Evan actually asked me about it the next morning. He only met her that one time. I'm not sure what that says, except that I'm blatantly obvious, and my brother knows me. I talked to 'Tbone' later that day, too. He wanted to tease me about worrying that I offended him, because a comment of mine was deleted from his blog. I needn't have worried, but then again, you never know how much leeway you really have.
Evan and Stacey taught me that card game, Magic: The Gathering. On the one hand, I'm free enough that I don't worry that someone or something is occultic by the mere mention of wizards and monsters. On the other hand, people who are really into the story behind the game might be in danger. I really should ask Bishop Herman about this. I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but I don't want to be possessed by demons, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...