Skip to main content

I've Added A New Read

I have a "virtual" friend; her name is Nicole. I'm not sure even how we are connected. If I should know, I don't remember. I blame Confirmation Sponsor Guy, and his merry band of...whatever they are. And I blame another friend, whom I shall christen "Lake McWheels," and trust he is not offended. Catholics find each other, and we don't even care how random it is. I digress.

What I mean to say is that Nicole here is a wise lady, and a darn good writer. God must be at work, and Mrs. DeMille must be pretty close to Him, (or at least on the way) because I'm pretty sure I'd not be handling her crosses as well as she does. That will embarrass her, and she will deny it. I say, "Humor me, lady. They tell me they're glad I get out at all." Sidebar: I usually take that stuff in stride, but I sense that some people aren't just uncomfortable; they don't respect me, and this is a way to do that while appearing kind. Moving on.

Well, sort of. That's probably the worst thing that anyone could say, (that they don't respect me) if someone did in fact say it. I am the king of destroying myself for a few laughs. It's not even a huge deal, because gentle mockery expresses fondness, and my friends know this. I am both vulnerable, and very proud. Anything that approaches humility in me was imposed from outside. That's the truth. I am glad I don't know what people think about me, unless they tell me. It would probably destroy me, like it would for most of us.

I take it back: Not everyone's bad opinion matters; just people whose opinion I respect. I'd rather you kill me than tell me this. Those wounds are the worst. I lose respect for myself from time to time, and that's good, because I come to God for my meaning and true worth, not to mention rebuilding, as it were. But D^%*, lose a true friend, lose respect, maybe never get it back, and then you can tell me how hard life is. Rant over. My apologies.

Lord Jesus, I give You my anger, sadness, and true sorrow over this old hurt, which You know. You know that I desire to forgive and be forgiven. One day, it will come. Until then, give me some small measure of peace. Amen.

Anyway, I'm proud to add Nicole's blog to those which you may peruse when you realize that this blog sucks. [Can a Catholic who aspires to sainthood say, "sucks"?--ed.] I don't know. Can a Christian who knows he should be Catholic and refuses to do it count on God's mercy? [You just watch it, buddy.--ed.] Just sayin'. Time to decide. It's actually the question of the century: "What is the Church, and am I in it?" And for the record, I'm not an apologist. I'm a snark-pologist. CtC wants to think you into the Church, and love you in. I am not that guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...