Skip to main content

Don't Read "Love" Advice

I'm just that sort of guy. If my feelings for someone (romantically) are strong, they're really strong. I'm glad it never went anywhere That One Time, because who she really is, and who she might have wanted me to think she was, are different. Which isn't to say she was dishonest. She wasn't. We just see what we want to see.

Anyway, I was reading a webpage called, "The Date Report." The first article was great. Let me sum up, dudes: Disappearing is a total tool move. Don't do it. I'm not even good at this, and I know that one. If it's over, you can tell her, pansy.

I thought the second one would be funny. What the music you like says about you on a first date. Sidebar: I hate the entire concept of dating. It seems cruel and reckless. Anyway, I found two that are a couple of favorites: John Mayer, and John Legend.

"John Mayer: You are a virgin."

Yes, in fact, I am. I don't see even a correlation here, but OK. Why is this a bad thing? Should I feel bad about this? Why? Pray tell, O Wise One, who has bonded physically, emotionally--dare I say--metaphysically--with random strangers multiple times, while trying to pretend you're not wounded deeply by the whole thing. Moving on.

"John Legend: You have emotional sex." Well, no. We covered this. But I very likely will, if marriage is my vocation. I do everything with emotion. I eat Snickers bars with emotion. I'm not bored, ever. EVER. Moreover, if the marital embrace is a picture of Christ and the Church, you'd better believe I'm going to get emotional. I would hope that the Love explosion which is seeing God in the Beatific Vision would not leave me as the picture of stoicism!

The flippant, inconsequential nature of the life of lies they are trying to sell us! It boggles the mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...