Skip to main content

Stop Killing People

Please, utilitarians, I don't need any of your "mercy," and neither does Angela. Besides the completely arbitrary decisions concerning what constitutes a "full life," I remind people that we know when life begins--at conception. It's a biological fact that the organism is neither composed entirely of genetic material from its father or its mother, but possesses its own genetic code. It is not nascent fox life or tree life or dolphin life; we have before us human life, a human person, only prevented from the full realization of her full capacities by the passage of time.

You don't need a Bible for this; the Bible, repeating the very law written into the universe, says, "You shall not murder." The Bible tells you that if you don't repent (stop doing it) and plead for mercy, the just God will cast you away from any shred or hint of His loving presence, forever. Your perfected senses and conscience, says Tradition, will constantly remind you of the infinite distance between you and God, a distance you can never cross. The worst part is, if you end up here, it means that, at the moment of your death, your will was definitively turned against God. It will be permanently fixed that way, and you will perfectly hate the very One you were destined to be with forever.

In one sense, if I were a secularist, my best hope would be that the Christian teaching merely consisted in old men making up stodgy, theocratic rules! That's cake, compared to eternal hell-fire! These secularists today are low-budget; they get all mad when some nice dudes with Bibles from Something-Creek Community Church preach about the love and mercy of Jesus. Are you kidding? If my second paragraph is true, you'd get out there and help them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...