Skip to main content

The Stations of the Cross

Act of Contrition: O God my Redeemer, see me here at your feet. From my deepest heart, I am sorry for all my sins, because they have offended you, whom I should love above all things. Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father, have mercy on me, a sinner! Amen.

First Station: Jesus is Condemned to Death

Dearest Jesus, help me to rejoice in suffering unjustly, or when I am reviled, remembering that you suffered likewise.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Second Station: Jesus Carries His Cross

Lord Jesus, when I suffer, grant me the grace to see that I have a small part in your cross, and thus, that I have cause to rejoice.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory Be.

Third Station: Jesus Falls the First Time

My Jesus, the weight of my sins has thrown you to the ground. May my love and compassion grow along with my pity, ultimately for my good, and your glory.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Fourth Station: Jesus Meets His Mother 

Lord, it pleased you to console your Mother most holy. Console us as we await your final vindication. Grant us also grace to ponder the mysteries of our salvation.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory Be.

Fifth Station: Simon of Cyrene Helps Carry the Cross 

Lord Jesus, Simon was an ever-present help in time of trouble. Help us to gratefully accept help, and to give it to others in turn.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Sixth Station: Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus

Veronica could only do this small thing, but with it you were well pleased. Grant us also the grace to do small things with great love.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Seventh Station: Jesus Falls a Second Time 

Merciful Lord, once more, our guilt pushed you to the ground. Grant us grace to lessen your burdens by our obedience.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Eighth Station: Jesus Comforts the Daughters of Jerusalem

Lord, we know you have always kept a faithful remnant for yourself, even in the darkest days. Raise our eyes, that we may endure to the end.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Ninth Station: Jesus Falls a Third Time

My Jesus, my sins have weighed you down again. Forgive me, and bid me follow you once more.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Tenth Station: Jesus is Stripped of His Garments 

Jesus, you were stripped of even the pretense of dignity. Help us to take your part when we are unfairly reviled.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Eleventh Station: Jesus is Nailed to the Cross 

Dear Jesus, my sins have driven the nails into you. Grant us grace to obey, and somehow bring you consolation.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Twelfth Station: Jesus Dies on the Cross

Lord Jesus, by dying, you destoyed our death; by rising, you restored our life. Help us to rejoice at your preaching to those who died in the bosom of Abraham.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Thirteenth Station: Jesus is Taken Down From the Cross 

Lord, finally, you received the tenderness you deserved, from Joseph of Arimathea, and your Mother. May we like them handle you with tenderness in our hearts.

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

Fourteenth Station: Jesus is Laid in the Tomb

Lord, your sleep became one of victory, when you rose from the dead. Help us to prepare our hearts to meet you in glory. 

Our Father...Hail, Mary...Glory be.

I hope this helps you in your spiritual journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...