Skip to main content
I was kind of inspired by this. I know these cats from TV when Chris Matthews used to sound like a contrarian centrist. They're good dudes, man. The kind of Dems you want to get beat by. [Grammar Fascist: "by whom you wish to be beaten."] I'm a little sad, because: 1) I think I like Obama as a person and a symbol; 2) I think his policy choices will blow up in our faces; 3) Obama is missing a huge opportunity. With that, a top 5 list:

5 Probable Locations For The Post-Partisan Obama

5. The Bush ranch in Crawford, TX while an Obama-bot controlled by an embittered Al Gore runs the country.

4. Trapped on a delayed flight at O'Hare Airport.

3. Locked in a closet in Milwaukee, WI. (rant forthcoming)

2. In a secret, undisclosed location with Dick Cheney that is obviously owned by the Chinese.

1. Completely lost in the president's attempt to quit smoking.

[Related Rant Of Political Disappointment: I remember the moment where Obama let the mask slip just a little in the gloriously easy centrist campaign that was 2008: The Wisconsin Democratic Primary. Hillary was done, the mid-South victories notwithstanding. He had no reason to say anything leftish of any sort. It was a bit tone-deaf, a little too evocative of Democratic triumphalism before the 1990s. I thought, "Uh-oh, I don't know if he understands the ideological variety of his coalition." And that's only gotten worse. Weirdly Pro-McCain Rant: I continue to believe that John McCain is an unprincipled opportunist that had no business carrying the standard for America's conservative party. (The flip-floppery of the Senate campaign against Hayworth proves it further.) He's a poorly disguised stealth pro-choice candidate; if for that reason alone, I'm glad he lost. I'm under no illusions with Obama, but that's just the point: I expect Democrats to adopt unworkable, intellectually indefensible, immoral policies. And if McCain had sounded the notes of his speech in LA at the outset of the general election the rest of the way, I might have voted for him. It's criminal and sad that the media focused on the malapropisms in this speech; it was as good as McCain got. I blame that Rick dude.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...