Skip to main content

When This Thing Crashes...

I agree with Jonah Goldberg: GOP intraparty squabbling is pointless. Strategically, the message is this: "You said we would be helping the poor get health care, and addressing its rising costs for all of us. Instead, we got higher premiums, higher taxes, higher everything, in a law that's nothing more than a giveaway to Big Insurance and lawyers." People will not generally ever dislike President Obama. He's done almost everything possible to destroy the country and freedom as we know it, and people still like him. The elections are over now, but realize that Obama is still a buffoon. He uses words without knowing or caring what they mean. Articulate, highly intelligent, but his world-view is Swiss cheese. He's a college freshman who got way older, just like every aging "progressive." Show the country that we are governed by highly-credentialed stupid people. Just like Bush did, twice.

We lost because we got angry, and then we nominated Scrooge MacDuck. I think Mitt Romney is a great guy. I really do. And I thought he'd win. But you can't insult the regular folks, even to make the relatively obvious point that the Democratic Party has nearly created a permanent majority by buying votes.

We need a guy who can look right in the eyes of the average folks--even people living on Social Security and Medicare--and say, "I know what it's like to live month-to-month. They want you to think I don't know and don't care. But I've been there. And I'm proposing these things because I don't want all of us living like that for generations."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...