Skip to main content

Abortion Politics, Reconsidered (Feminism Still Sucks)

I would not say that I know anything about the matter under discussion, primarily because I am not a woman. At this point, for legions of people, that's the end of the discussion. We should call out that intellectual laziness whenever it appears. Nobody gets a pass on considering the moral question, regardless of their sex. Side note: I said "sex" because "gender" is a fabricated word, created to confuse people.

I wouldn't say I know for sure that every politician who says crazy things while advocating for abortion is seared in their conscience, and possibly suffering post-abortive emotional wounds. That's true in many cases, but surely not in all.

I think it's more about belonging. There are now several generations of people who will not, and cannot, re-consider the morality of abortion because a "woman's right to choose" means, "The right to not be told what to do." It means feminism; it means freedom.

We might say that feminism has sold them a bill of goods in the first place, and that is true. But as long as feminism is associated with female empowerment, we won't win the fight against abortion.

I saw an article the other day, and it said something like, "Every time I see a man say he doesn't need feminism, I want to vomit." Well, sorry, ma'am, but I don't need feminism, and neither do you.

We all need to be affirmed and appreciated in our gifts and in using them; we all need to be loved as the people we are, even if that person needs to change. I'm willing to say that there might even be a cultural imbalance in how the sexes are appreciated that favors men. What I won't say is that we need feminism.

Feminism is a movement to acquire political and social power for women at the expense of all men. The last few words are the key. Just because you want to elevate women in certain situations does not mean you are a feminist. Just because you deplore sexual violence doesn't make you a feminist; perhaps, like me, you deplore various mixed messages sent to women and girls; you're still not a feminist. If, however, the way forward is the subjugation of men, and the vicious power structure that encourages them, you might be a feminist. They may count several "enlightened" men as allies, but they resent them. Sorry, fellas: If you are telling a woman you agree with her feminist politics for sex, it's not going to happen. A true feminist won't even reconsider the matter when she is what we used to call a "spinster." She would rather be unhappy than to stop blaming men for all the problems in the world. Paging Maureen Dowd!

My rant for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...