Skip to main content

The Truth Is...

I would like to believe that I am patient and kind, ready with a gentle word. The truth is, however, I'm prone to say that such and such an idea is blanking stupid, and the people who entertain it...well...

I can honestly say I don't want to hurt people. More often than not, I'm spoiling for a fight. I hate it when peace is purchased at the price of the truth. "Why I Am Single," film at 11! [Oh, stop. You're trolling for sympathy.--ed.]

It was one of those, "Let's stop shaming girls for the fact that men lust" posts, but it was satire. It was a woman asking, "Why do men have to wear suits, knowing my propensity to lust?" It really hacked me off. It basically said, 1. I can wear what I want, and men are the problem; 2. lust really isn't that bad; and 3. anybody who uses the word "modesty" hates women and their bodies. It was a Christian blog, mind you!

Well, my friends, the only thing I hate more than feminism is "Christian" feminism. Full stop. No qualifiers. Why? Because, at the end of the day, someone's moral agency will be denied, in the service of the narrative. No, it isn't a woman's fault that she is attractive. Lust in fact is the unlawful possession of the beautiful. But no, you can't wear a bikini to Mass. In Romans 14, individual freedom gets supplanted by love and the good of the other. If you told me that my clothing caused you to lust, I'D GLADLY WEAR SOMETHING ELSE. You may need to grow in grace; well and good. But I'd do that for you, because your soul is more important than my rights.

If a large group of men say that Christian women have taken insufficient account of modesty, their sins are their own, BUT YOU NEED TO LISTEN. You belong to Christ; you have no right to ignore those concerns, even if the thought of those sins creeps you out, and even if it involves sacrifice.

I'm not ashamed of women's bodies; do not assume that not wanting to see every inch of them represents a latent misogyny; this is the lie of feminism and sexual "liberation." If I lose friends, so be it.

I lost my patience in discussing this. I may have hurt someone. I regret that. But I never regret speaking truthfully and frankly. We are awash in nonsense.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...