Skip to main content

The Right Is Stupid

I think we're seeing a trend of more active First Ladies. Especially with Democrats, that's to be expected. That bothers people, and we have a much longer tradition of cramming your pie-hole, and reading books to schoolkids. Fair enough. And I would never say that anyone who dares to speak publicly about some issue is beyond criticism, depending on how important that is.

Doesn't it seem though that the criticism of Mrs. Obama largely falls in the category of "absurdly over-the-top"? She can't say anything, ever, without it being flagged as part of the great Obama Communist Takeover. Now, I would agree that the president does many things to further this perception. But for Heaven's sake, I can see why Michelle Obama might even say something like, "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country." That was some time ago, granted.

We have a great basis of a great society in the principles of our nation, in her Constitution, in the character of many people who have advanced her causes. Is the history of our nation one of uninterrupted justice, sunshine, and rainbows? For a black woman? I don't think so.

You want to be angry about me saying this, and I'd love to respond, but I can't hear you over the blaring Lee Greenwood you brought along. What is she, 50? I'll bet academic life was a treat. I'll bet she's never heard vicious racial slurs, ever. C'mon, man. In fact, she gets an automatic Stupid Statements Allotment of at least 3 for all that. If that makes me a liberal, so be it, Sparky.

If you're asking me if I think some of the criticism of the president and his wife--and the intensely personal nature of it--is racially motivated, I'm a moron if I don't say, "yes." Sorry, but not. Do they use that to deflect legitimate criticism, to shame opponents, and enact bad policy? Of course they do. Doesn't change the facts.

The point being, the only thing worse than the Leftist Outrage Machine is the Rightist one. Sue me for wanting to hear what someone has to say before I lament their very existence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...