Skip to main content

Right-Wing Talksters Are People, Too

I have no idea if Glenn Beck advances the national conversation in a meaningful way. I only saw one show on TV, his very first. So honest, I really don't know. And frankly, I liked it. There was a guy who had written a book about the European fascist roots of contemporary progressivism. It was one of those "I need to read that" moments, but never wrote down the title.

Anyway, I'm at least aware enough to notice that progressives dislike most, if not all, conservative radio hosts. But frankly, that doesn't tell us much, given the fact that most progressives defend the constitutionally, morally, and logically indefensible in deeply personal, hostile ways. I can say with a clear conscience that I have never been personally angry at an opposing politician like they have. Mitt Romney is one of the kindest, most personally generous, and intelligent men to ever run for president. Ever. And I don't even like his policies, generally. But you saw what they did to him.

Anyway, I'm not going to be in a rush to throw anybody under the bus at the behest of progressives and their media buddies. It doesn't mean that I agree with whomever; it means that he or she is a person, entitled to say whatever it is he or she want to say. I don't make arbitrary pre-emptive decisions about what counts as "civil" or "extreme" at the suggestion of those who wouldn't know civility if it walked up and said, "Hello."

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...