Fair warning: Tom Segura is a crude comedian, and he uses words I don’t even use in a flare of some passion. Nevertheless, I find him really funny.
I think most people know who Joe Rogan is, but if not, he hosts the most popular podcast in the world. He’s also a commentator for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, UFC for short, which is the top level of mixed martial arts (MMA for short). It’s probably risen to prominence because of corruption in boxing. I digress.
Tom Segura has a funny bit about the difference between watching his own sons, versus the two girls his cousin has. At the time, both sets of kids were the same age, 6 and 3. He says in part: “(OMG), what did I do wrong, to not get girls?…They’re like, ‘Hello, Uncle Tommy.’ And I say, ‘Hello to you.’…I could go in that room an hour later and they’re like [impersonation of little girls coloring and smiling]…My boys aren’t like that…real “he/hims”, if you know what I’m saying. Don’t worry, we asked them. [Segura kind of smirks and winks at the audience]…Where are my boys? Are they in the house? Are they ON the house? Oh, they’re in the street? Fantastic.”
Segura winks and smirks at the little part about gender ideology, because I don’t know exactly how many Republicans and religious conservatives you’ll find in a Tom Segura crowd, but it can’t be many. The point is, even a lot of liberals know that gender ideology is BS.
Struggling mentally, even really severely, isn’t BS. Struggling even to know who you are would be really scary. I’m not one to be cruel about any of that. But people created a false ideology, instead of dealing with actual trauma. And the idea got lodged in a lot of minds:
Democrats—liberals and progressives—would rather lie, and smile in your face than help you out.
That’s why a retired NBA player—I’m happy to “deadname” him here, because the various madness must stop somewhere—Enes Kanter, got banned from Chicago Sky games for wearing a shirt with an accurate dictionary definition on it.
And the kind of guys that like Tom Segura and watch MMA and listen to Rogan are either sitting at home, or voting Republican.
Comments