Skip to main content

Well, Buddy, You’re A Catholic

 Chris Coghlan is a British Member of Parliament for Dorking and Horley. The Liberal Democratic Party. There was apparently an assisted dying bill there. I assume that all the Catholic faithful were warned not to support it, and especially not elected officials. He did it anyway. Not that euthanasia has been a mystery for any of us for a couple hundred years. The Catechism is the most publicly available document ever, perhaps. I know Coughlan has WiFi, if he doesn’t want to read it in book form.

Let’s cut the crap: these Catholic-flavored pagans the world over just want the Church to mind her own business. They like Christmas and Easter Mass. They might even enjoy talking about how Catholic they are. They can go on about all the parish events they’ve gone to, or how many years they went to Catholic school. But as soon as the powerful money people come around, these major issues become “wedge issues” and “divisive” and these folks need to “listen” to “other voices.”

This particular candy-a— is particularly upset that his priest made a public announcement in the Church that he’s a public sinner who will be denied Communion. It’s about time. The priests and bishops in the United States could learn from that priest.

I’ll be honest: I’m weak like all other people. I’m far from perfect or innocent. But the rank wickedness and hypocrisy of Catholics almost kept me from full communion with the Church.

If you want to pick and choose, go to a buffet. Religion is serious. But I would never be elected; I’m too forthright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...