Skip to main content
I was away for a couple days at my grad school classes. Glad to see you're stopping by. If you're feeling frisky, leave a comment. Your insights often provide fodder for my ridiculously interesting posts. [Which means the fodder goes nowhere.--ed.] Bah! Anyway, I'm thrilled to be taking Christian Anthropology, Prophets, and Catholic Spirituality. For the class on the prophets, sue me, I'll be comparing it to Captain Jack. Well, my teacher is possibly funnier than Captain Jack, (and he used "cranium" in a weird way) but they'd get along great. Well, except that rant about how we're not "people of the Book." On the other hand still, we're going to know the Scriptures as well as anybody. End of story. After all, it's our Bible.

It was great to see Confirmation Sponsor Guy and family at that party. "Incorrigible Papist" is also a correct designation. We were officially there to say goodbye and good luck to Jeff Ryan, who is taking a position as a religion teacher in Minnesota. What I was there to do--officially or otherwise--had very little to do with Jeff, I'm unafraid to say. My timing stinks, but it could still work out. Ahem. Anyway.

I should be writing a paper, and I'll get to it, as soon as I do my best to keep up the ol' page views. I want to write. It makes me happy to write words, to color outside the lines on the coloring book of your lives, for my amusement and yours. If the "Stuff White People Like" guy and the "Stuff Christians Like" guy can get book deals, I should be able to get one, right? Especially since they should be called, "Stuff Liberal White People Like" and "Dumb Stuff White Evangelicals Like," respectively. I digress in a grumpy fashion.

Have I mentioned how much I love Rick Santorum? I mean, honestly. I know that Romney's charge during the primaries that he's an "economic lightweight" is pretty true, and I'd STILL vote for him in under a tenth of a second. I'm not even kidding. Senator, seriously, I would be honored to write speeches for you, sir. Or whatever you needed. He's A) ACTUALLY pro-life, B) ACTUALLY Catholic and Christian, and C) not a Communist. If I'm missing something here, let me know. But we gotta go with this Romney dude. Not only would a standing HHS mandate be an affront to our cherished rights (and God-given ones, at that) but I do believe that it will cost Obama the election. Care to note how many Catholics and evangelicals are in Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin? Do you think that they--and voters worried about the economy--are going to admit to a pollster in August that they're voting against the first black president? I'm telling you, Obama is gonna get destroyed on Election Day. Destroyed. But nobody wants to say it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...