Skip to main content

Once Again

5. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

4. If we're going to have a War On Drugs, we need a war on Kenny Loggins. Honestly.

3. Tiger Woods does need to relax if he's going to get to 19 majors. He needs real joy, but it won't happen unless he moves toward Jesus Christ. Yeah, I said it. His dad was his Cus D'Amato; unfortunately, his life path is very similar to the other athlete in this parallel. Rick Reilly is right.

2. Yes, I'm rooting for Notre Dame tonight, but not for Catholic reasons, because ND isn't Catholic. Yeah, I said it. It's for Pat. Pat Summitt, for the uninitiated. The greatest basketball coach of all time, who deserves her name mentioned alongside Snarky Geno, not after. Yeah, I said it.

1. The Lady Vols had only 227 losses in Summitt's 38 year tenure. In basketball. It's normal even for national champions in the NCAA to lose 5 games. 6 losses per year; that's it. Just let that sit for a minute. [Does it bother you that this sport you enjoy came about because of a feminist revolution?--ed.] Yes. [What's your response?--ed.] I like basketball? [You're supporting a liberal fantasy-land.--ed.] I like basketball, not feminism, or any of its nasty fruits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...