Skip to main content

Pete's Sake, Vote In My Poll!

I'm trolling my audience for information. Oh, wait, Facebook is probably selling your IP addresses to Obama. Never mind. DON'T VOTE IN MY POLL!

Comments

Other what?

And, is there any way to see past poll results? I've missed the results several times.
Jason said…
Sadly, it's just a widget. They don't stay. The last poll was:

You are:

A. Catholic
B. Orthodox
C. Protestant
D. Other

"Catholic" and "Other" tied with 3 votes each. "Protestant" received 2 votes. Obviously, I found "Other" kind of intriguing.
Jonathan Stogsdill said…
I can't vote in your poll, I voted for one of the non-intriguing answers.
Jason said…
That's awesome.
Unknown said…
Where is "I will morally preen, but put my own words in my mouth thank you?"

I'm Christian. Not Catholic because I cannot believe an organization that intentionally withheld the Scriptures, sold indulgences for sins, and started several bloody wars, could meanwhile have preserved apostolic authority inviolate. Nor is it clear when Rome's claim to preemminance originated, except that it definitely occurred after the deaths of all the apostles.

I suppose I could be protestant, but I am hesitant to say that because protestants tend to rely exclusively on Scripture, which fails the test of Scripture. Also, I think God uses the Catholic Church. Maybe I should be Orthodox, but what does Orthodox mean, exactly? (Aren't there several different Orthodox brands?)

I suppose you could say I think God speaks for himself, the Holy Spirit moves, now using one church organization, now another.
Jason said…
It's pretty easy to sit in judgment of others, and I grant, it might even be emotionally satisfying. But it might be instructive to ask how you know what God has said, and of course, how you have the authority to make such a determination. Just a thought or two.
Thanks. You should post the results of your polls after they close then. I think I missed the results of the very first one, alas...

Popular posts from this blog

We Don't Need No Magisterium: (Jason's Version) (But Actually, We Do)

Hilarious Com-Box Quote of The Day: "I was caught immediately because it is the Acts of the Apostles, not the Acts of the Holy Spirit Acting Erratically."--Donald Todd, reacting to the inartful opposition of the Holy Spirit and the Magisterium. Mark Galli, an editor at Christianity Today, had suggested that today's "confusion" in evangelicalism replicates a confusion on the day of Pentecost. Mr. Todd commented after this reply , and the original article is here. My thoughts: By what means was this Church-less "consensus" formed? If the Council did not possess the authority to adjudicate such questions, who does? If the Council Fathers did not intend to be the arbiters, why do they say that they do? At the risk of being rude, I would define evangelicalism as, "Whatever I want or need to believe at any particular time." Ecclesial authority to settle a particular question is a step forward, but only as long as, "God alone is Lord of the con...

Who Is Out Here Having Sex And Children With People They Don’t Like?

 And look, I’m not married. I’ve never been married. I have no children. I didn’t choose that; things just worked out that way. If you must know, I haven’t had sexual intercourse either. I probably should say “coitus,” so I am not arguing with some progressive activist about what “sexual intercourse” means. But I figured out from influencer videos or something what a “dead bedroom” was. Unless a couple mutually agrees that they don’t want to have sex/coitus anymore (hopefully to pray and serve) this is usually bad. I’ve known enough couples that it’s probably an indicator of trouble, especially for couples who are still able to have children. Is it really that wild to at least hope that Mr. and Mrs. Vance love each other? That a fourth child yet born at least might indicate that they enjoy each other?  Children are definitely not responsible for their parents’ happiness. That’s absolutely true. But wouldn’t any child hope their parents were happy, when they came into being? As...

What I Should Have Said

 I was functionally fired from my teaching job in November, 2024, after an unjust administrative "process" initiated by HR , and triggered by false accusations the content of which I was never told. My "defense" therefore could have no reasonable basis or direction. I won't say the name of the Local Education Agency, but the town where I lived and worked was Cheraw, South Carolina. I think that once I was on administrative leave, they could use nearly any indiscretion of mine as the final straw to remove me. I did connect with students on social media in protest, and I did express hope that I would quickly be returned to the classroom. The principal of the high school where I worked--a true lackey of the bureaucracy, and fully committed to educational ideas, methods, and solutions that don't work--also allowed his personal dislike of me to take the form of a belief that I was a substandard teacher. He gave me an unsatisfactory review on October 12, and we ha...