I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch. I thought and think that COVID-19 was deadly and dangerous. I wore a mask the whole time, and got the vaccine as soon as I was permitted to. I’ve received three doses so far.
All that said, I have no need to put my spikes in the ground to defend Anthony Fauci. In fact, I have known a few people who got MPH degrees to wonder if the whole racket is in creatively lying to the “ignorant” public for ideological purposes.
High US officials knew the Chinese were literally making bio weapons at the Wuhan lab. We funded it. It was not a bat or a pangolin or anything at a wet market. If that right-wing nutjob Jon Stewart (sarcasm) can joke about it on late-night TV, it ain’t the fever swamp, my friends.
And look, I started fights on social media trying to get friends and loved ones to get vaccinated. Basic math said the older you get, the less likely you were to bounce back unaided. That’s still true. It’s not in the news, but it could still kill you. It’s true that “the flu” kills about 50,000 people annually, and we’re not in terror about it. But we’re still reasonably careful with the flu especially in the winter months. People get flu shots all the time. I’ve never heard a single person derisively call that vaccine “the jab” and tease relatives about it. Multiply the flu deaths by about 20, and that was the COVID pandemic.
If you destroy public trust though, you can’t be surprised when people stop listening. They might on the whole be very foolish, especially on one thing. But I have never met a Nazi or the member of a death squad. Everyone else is entitled to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Comments